UCC's Academic Strategy (2018 - 2022) was launched on 4th December 2018, following almost a year of development, and sets out a roadmap for our academic ambitions over the coming years. It focusses on six key priority areas:
- Develop a Connected Curriculum, building on existing strengths and best practice globally.
- Align curriculum offerings with demand and with teaching and research priorities.
- Constructively align effective assessment practices with learning outcomes.
- Facilitate students' development of core values and graduate attributes.
- Establish a student enrolment plan that aligns with student recruitment targets.
- Reform academic governance such that innovation is enabled, coherence is restored and risk is reduced.
The implementation of this strategy will be achieved by breaking each goal down into a number of discrete actions. Achieveing these goals will involve working with all Schools and Colleges, and with individuals; the development of metrics; and regular reviews. Updates on activities that we are undertaking to implement the Academic Strategy will be provided on this page and at Information Sessions hosted by the Deputy President & Registrar
You can download UCC's Academic Strategy 2018 - 2022 at the link below:
You can download the Timeframe for Implementation at the link below: