Sharing the News: Communicating with Parents and Families
Cert of Attendance
Free See Fees and Costs for full details.
See Requirements for full details.
8th December 2019
Western Gateway Building Room 304
10th December 2019
This two-day CPD offering will provide delegates with:
- an understanding of the importance of effective communciation with parents/families of newly diagnosed deaf children from an evidence-based perspective
- an understanding of the key elements of effective listening and information sharing in clinical encounters
- an opportunity to practice skills hands-on, in group settings, with professional actors
- shared experiences of parents and families of the care pathway from screening through to audiological management and early intervention
- an understanding of the varied ways in which parents adjust and adapt to their baby's diagnosis
- developed and practised strategies for effective and responsive communciation in challenging situations
Refreshments and lunch will be served on both days.
Attendees must have recognised prior clinical experience in diagnostic audiology.
Fees and Costs
How Do I Apply
Limited Spaces - Early Booking Advised
Applications are now open - click "Apply Now" below.
You will be taken to the UCC Online Portal where you will need to complete a profile form.Apply Now