The Honan Chapel - Gallery Collection


Image TitleHonan Chapel: detail of west door
DescriptionThe west door is an architectural citation of the 12th century chapel of St. Cronan, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary. Medieval ruins in Co. Tipperary were a rich source of inspiration. The Honan Chapel is in the vicinity of University College Cork (1845). Its architects, the Cork firm of Deane & Woodward, quoted the Gothic remains of Holy Cross Abbey, Co. Tipperary (1169).
ContributorHenry Emery, Dublin; apprentices from the Cork Technical School; William A. Scott, Dublin; J.& G. McLoughlin & Sons, Dublin
Contribution Year1916
  
PhotographerJames Cronin
Copyright James Cronin and the Honan Trust
Date of Photograph2006
CollectionExterior