The Honan Chapel - Gallery Collection


Image TitleHonan Chapel: detail of west front
DescriptionThe Honan Chapel was designed by a local Cork architectural firm, McMullen and Associates, and built by John Sisk and Son, a firm of Cork builders. The foundation stone of the chapel was laid on 18th May 1915. The west front is adapted from St. Cronan’s Chapel in Roscrea, Co. Tipperary.
ContributorSir John O´Connell; Sir Bertrim Windle; James McMullen; John Sisk & Son, Cork
Contribution Year1916
  
PhotographerJames Cronin
CopyrightJames Cronin and the Honan Trust
Date of Photograph2006
CollectionExterior